Calling all Burnaby Mountain Artists!
The poster contest is open to all branches Sparks through adults. There will be a prize for the winning poster in each branch category. You must be a member of Girl Guides of Canada, Burnaby Mountain District to enter.
Deadline: March 4, 2015 7:00pm
- Finished posters must be on 35cm wide x 55cm high (14” wide x 22” high) = half sheet poster board.
- Poster orientation can be either vertical or horizontal
- Posters must include a correct trefoil with the box around it. The trefoil must be black or navy blue colour.
- All posters must have the words: “Girl Guide cookies” and the price per box ($5.00).
- Poster must be completely hand drawn. There must be no cut-out or traced characters or computer generated images or any kind.
- Cookies and logos used must be the current, official designs. Any Guiding members depicted must be in current, official uniform.
- There cannot be any cartoon creatures, and/or “official” creatures (eg. Kellogg’s Tony Tiger, Disney)
- Suggested additions:
- On the back of the poster please include the following information:
- Name (last name optional)
- Unit (e.g. 1st Sparks)
- Age (e.g. “Age 6” for girl, or “adult”)
Late posters will not be accepted. All submitted posters may be hung in public and used for cookie promotion.
It’s Chocolatey Mint Girl Guide Cookie season already! Girls have had their cookies for about a week so you may have had family, friends, and neighbors try to sell to you already… Please do try to contribute to this great cause!
Cookies are Girl Guides of Canada’s official fundraiser and provide a major portion of our operating budget. By buying Girl Guide Cookies you are helping to support girl programming including crafts, outings, camps, travel, training, and more.
Today, Saturday October 5th, Burnaby Mountain District is holding a district wide cookie blitz. You can find cookies available from 10-4 at…
- Walmart Lougheed Mall
- Safeway Lougheed Mall
- Sears outlet store
- Lougheed Town Centre sky train station
- The Dollar Tree in Cameron Centre
- and Nesters Market at Cornerstone at SFU
Congratulations to the two members of Burnaby Mountain District who won the West Coast Area cookie poster contest for their branch levels!
The winning Spark poster was by Ryley, a member of the 1st Sparks.
The winning adult poster was by Bethany.
Good job to everyone who entered the contest. There were some great posters sent in. Ryley and Bethany will be recieving their prizes in the mail. Good luck with your cookie sales everyone!
This week, more than 2500 boxes of chocolatey mint cookies arrived for our District to sell. Cookies have been distributed to units, who have given them to girls this week.
Chocolatey Mint Cookies went on sale October 1st
This year, the cookies are coming out in awesome new packaging. The new look really highlights what Girl Guides is all about. What else is new about cookies this year? Well, although it has been true of our cookies for a few years now, we are now have the nut-free symbol right on the box. Also, trans fats in the chocolatey mint cookies have gone down by 90%.
Not only does cookie selling provide funds that help us run girl programming (they help subsidize camps, pay for craft supplies, etc) it also helps every girl develop confidence and business skills. From Sparks to Rangers, our girls proudly ask “Would you like to buy a box of Girl Guide Cookies?” and are eager to tell you they’re only “$5.00 a box!”